Behind the facade of a happy orphanage, the children of Grace Field House are secretly being raised as food for demons! Determined to save themselves and the other kids, Emma, Norman and Ray begin planning an escape. But their caretaker, “Mom,” has brought in extra help to keep the orphans in line…
Cover and Volume Illustration
- 008. I Have an Idea (考えがある, Kangae Gaaru?)
- 009. Let's Play Tag (鬼ごっこしましょう, Onigokko Shimashō?)
- 010. Control (コントロール, Kontorōru?)
- 011. Traitor, Part 1 (内通者①, Naitsū-sha ①?)
- 012. Traitor, Part 2 (内通者②, Naitsū-sha ②?)
- 013. Traitor, Part 3 (内通者③, Naitsū-sha ③?)
- 014. Trump Card (切り札, Kirifuda?)
- 015. Never Again (二度としないで, Nidoto Shinaide?)
- 016. The Secret Room and William Minerva, Part 1 (秘密の部屋とW・ミネルヴァ①, Himitsu no Heya to Wiriamu Mineruva ①?)
Doing better than its predecessor, the second volume achieved the 10th spot during the first week of its release, selling an estimated total of 40,683 copies from 3rd to 5th February in Japan alone. During the second week, it climbed up to the 9th spot with an estimated total of 37,726 copies sold. In less than 14 days, there are a total of 78409 copies sold.
Volume 2 received slightly more negative response as compared to the previous volume. Nevertheless, it still fared well and was praised by critics. Critic Nick Creamer from Anime News Network gave volume 2's art a B, describing Posuka Demizu's art to be "more suited to illustration than comic storytelling.". Creamer gave the story and the overall a higher grade of B+, saying "if it can keep executing that story half as well as it has so far, I'm absolutely along for the ride." Dustin Cabeal from Comic Bastards gave a score of 5/5, for Volume 2 as well as Volumes 1 and 3, describing there are "too many things to compliment about [the series]".
Awards and Nominations
The series as a whole won under the category of "Best Shōnen Manga" in the 63rd Shogakukan Manga Awards, one of Japan's major manga awards. The series was honored with a bronze statuette and a prize of 1 million yen (about US$9,000).
- ↑ The Promised Neverland Volume 2 sales from January 30 to February 5 of 2017
- ↑ The Promised Neverland Volume 2 sales from February 6 to February 12
- ↑ Anime News Network critic Nick Creamer review
- ↑ Critic Dustin Cabeal' review of Volume 1-3 from Comic Bastards
- ↑ 63rd Shogakukan Manga Awards winners
- ↑ PDF format file of the winners of the 63rd Shogakukananga Awards clicking this will download the PDF file