Ray tells Norman why he works for Isabella. He wants only a few of them to escape. Ray found the secret of the house when he was young.
Everything that Ray did was for the prison break. Since the day the three of them sneaked on the gate when they were little, Ray knew the truth and has been preparing for the escape plan.
Before Ray became a spy for Mama, he proposed a deal with her: he would become her spy if she would not ship him right off the bat, and that he would receive compensation for his work (compensation as to receive any item from the outside world he wanted).
Ray has so much value for the escape plan because he knows more about the outside world, he definitely can render useless the trackers, and he can give wrong intel to Mama. Ray is not an enemy nor an ally. He will go with the most favourable one. Ray strikes a deal with Norman: in exchange for Ray's service, Norman must fool Emma and make her think that the escape plan involves all the kids in the orphanage. Norman agrees to Ray's condition, but it's unclear if Norman is going to fool Ray or Emma.
In this chapter we have the following Research Elements:
- 14.1 - At the age of five, Ray already discovered the whole truth.
- 14.2 - There are still human technological elements in the outside world.
- 14.3 - Mama requested some order for Ray that will arrive only on the 1st or 2nd of November 2045.
- Ray was whistling a sound from Isabella's friend. She realizes he is her son.
- This chapter takes place on October 30, 2045.