In this chapter we have the following Research Elements:
- 118.1 – The front cover of Chapter 118 has Emma, Norman, Ray, Isabella and Krone saying things from their scripts with the tagline "A Script for Each, and for Each a Role". This is a reference to the voice actresses voice acting their respective roles in 2019's anime adaptation.
- Several scripts that were laying on the floor are all orphans who have been shipped out of their orphanages such as Conny and Leslie.
- Furthermore, the scripts' front cover are anime versions of their appearances, with the exceptions of Leslie and a few other orphans who were shipped out, as their scripts' front covers are pictures of their Manga appearances instead. This foreshadows how they will be appearing in the later episodes.
- 118.2 - In the authors' notes of Volume 14, Kaiu Shirai stated how the number of pages of each book each of the characters are holding corresponds to their respective life span. Like how Conny's book barely has any pages, indicating how she died at a young age of 6. In addition, Ray is seen holding two books.
- 118.3 – Jemima mentioned how the stripes on Zazie's shirt are tiger stripes, indicating how his shirt are orange and black in color.
- 118.4 – On page 4, Gilda frantically told Emma to rest, Gilda's motherly behavior towards Emma was once again shown in this chapter since Chapter 48.
- 118.5 – Ray theorized how those with the Non-Premium Farms tattoos such as Hayato has abnormal abilities that surpass that of a normal human after the latter was able to run at great speed as shown on page 8. This also shows how Ray is a cautious and analytical person.
- 118.6 – As shown on page 13, Gillian, Rossi and Mark revealed to like sweets.
- 118.7 – Those that lived within the Paradise Hideout within the giant trees are all noted to have tattoos that are similar to Hayato and Jin's.
- 118.8 – Chapter 118 marks the third reappearance of Norman after his 21 chapters absence since his cameo/second reaplearance in Chapter 97 and 44 chapters absence since his first reappearance in Chapter 74. The chapter is also the first appearance of Norman after the timeskip.
- Chapter 118 came with three extra pages which talk about the Escape Room, the Spinoff Manga and the anime, which all happened in 2019.
- ↑ @TPNManga on Twitter "New ads for The Promised Neverland promoting the escape room, spin off manga serialization, anime premiere dates, and more."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.